Hello Everyone, Hope you all are doing good. I always try out different types of hair care products. Recently I bought a newly launched products of pantene which is Pantene pro-v oil replacement cream. It sounds interesting as it says it has oil replacement.Lets get in to the review to know more about the product.
Table of Contents
- 1 About the Product Pantene pro-v oil replacement:
- 2 My experience with Pantene pro-v oil replacement :
- 3 Pros of Pantene Pro-v Oil Replacement:
- 4 Cons of Pantene Pro-v Oil Replacement:
- 5 Final Verdict:
About the Product Pantene pro-v oil replacement:
Pantene oil replacement combines the power of pro-vitamin formula and nourishing oils. It has a creamy and non-sticky texture that takes seconds to apply and gives 2X stronger hair than oil!
Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethicone, GlutamicAcid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, EDTA, Citric Acid, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Hexyl Cinnamal, Sodium Chloride, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene
Price: Rs 85/- for 80 mo
What Pantene pro-v oil replacement claims:
- 2X stronger hair.
- Has pro vitamin nourishment.
- Hassle free and also easy to apply.
- Non sticky.
- Beauty essential on the go.
- For best results use on wet hair post-shower.
- Works as a leave-in conditioner and heat protectant too.
- Reduces Hairfall.
How to use Pantene pro-v oil replacement:
Rub a walnut size of Pantene cream between the palm of your hands. Starting from the top, distribute it evenly through your hair along the length.No need to rinse.
Different ways to use:
- Pre-wash Treatment:-It can be used as before hair wash. I applied it to the scalp and hair and washed it off after some time.
- Hair mask:-It can be applied as a hair mask all over the hair and washed off after 30 minutes.
- Leave in conditioner:-It can be applied after hair wash and It works as a leave-in conditioner which provides a good amount of shine and tames all the frizz and tangles.
- Hair serum:– It can be replaced with hair serum. It acts as a quick fix to change dull damaged hair into a manageable one.
- Heat protectant:-You can use Pantene prob oil replacement as a heat protectant before blow drying, straightening and curling.
My experience with Pantene pro-v oil replacement :
Packaging:Pantene pro-v oil replacement cream comes in a golden tube with flip cap packaging which is travel-friendly. I like the packaging.
Color, Consistency and Fragrance:It has a smooth thick creamy consistency which glides on hair. The cream looks white in a color and it gets absorbed quickly without making the hair oily or sticky.The fragrance has fruity smell which lasts long making your hair smell good throughout the day.
I prefer to use it on my damp hair, especially from the mid-length to ends and gently massage it on hair and as leave-in cream.It can be used for both wet and damp hair.
I also used this cream when I feel my hair is frizzy and rough. It feels light on the hair. It has a strong but pleasant smell of fruity which I like.For my opinion it works as a hair serum.
My hair is very rough and frizzy hair, this cream helps to keep hair manageable and detangles my hair.But it lasts only 2 hours after hair wash. It suits almost all hair types and is super affordable products too.
It contains alcohol and paraben and so many chemicals which are not good for our hair. That’s why I didn’t like this product. It cant be a replacement for natural oils. It is good as a leave-in cream only which gives some instant result and manageable to our hair.
Pros of Pantene Pro-v Oil Replacement:
- Sturdy travel-friendly packaging.
- Beautiful pleasant and long-lasting smell.
- Creamy texture blends and gets absorbed quickly.
- Keeps hair manageable.
- One can use both dry and damp hair.
- Easily available.
- Nonstick formula.
Cons of Pantene Pro-v Oil Replacement:
- Contains alcohol and paraben, so not a perfect replacement for natural oil.
- Can’t fully repair that extremely damaged hair.
- If you have really damaged and rough hair, this product won’t do anything.
This product is not a oil replacement.You should oil your hair at least twice a week.This product does work slight dry and straight hair.If you have very dry and rough hair then it reduce your hair frizzy 50% not more than that.