Hello everyone, I hope you are all doing well. I always try out different types of hair care products. Recently I bought a newly launched product of Pantene which is Pantene pro-v oil replacement cream. It sounds interesting, as it says it has oil replacement. Let’s get into the review to learn more about the product.
About the Product: Pantene Pro-V oil replacement:
Pantene oil replacement combines the power of a pro-vitamin formula with nourishing oils. It has a creamy and non-sticky texture that takes seconds to apply and gives 2X stronger hair than oil!
Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethicone, GlutamicAcid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, EDTA, Citric Acid, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Hexyl Cinnamal, Sodium Chloride, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene
Price: Rs 85/- for 80 ml (BUY NOW)
What Pantene pro-v oil replacement claims:
- 2X stronger hair.
- It has pro-vitamin nourishment.
- It is hassle-free and also easy to apply.
- Beauty is essential on the go.
- For best results, use it on wet hair post-shower.
- It works as a leave-in conditioner and a heat protectant too.
- It reduces hair fall.
How to use Pantene pro-v oil replacement:
Rub a walnut size of Pantene cream between the palm of your hands. Starting from the top, distribute it evenly through your hair along the length.No needed to rinse.
Different ways to use it:
- Pre-wash Treatment:- It can be used before hair washing. I applied it to my scalp and hair and washed it off after some time.
- Hair mask: It can be applied as a hair mask all over the hair and washed off after 30 minutes.
- Leave-in conditioner:-It can be applied after hair wash and It works as a leave-in conditioner which provides a good amount of shine and tames all the frizz and tangles.
- Hair serum:- It can be replaced with hair serum. It acts as a quick fix to change dull, damaged hair into a manageable one.
- Heat protectant: You can use Pantene Pro-Oil Replacement as a heat protectant before blow-drying, straightening, and curling.
My experience with Pantene pro-v oil replacement :
Packaging: Pantene Pro-V oil replacement cream comes in a golden tube with a flip cap packaging, which is travel-friendly. I like the packaging.
Color, consistency, and fragrance: It has a smooth, thick, creamy consistency that glides on hair. The cream looks white in color, and it gets absorbed quickly without making the hair oily or sticky. The fragrance has a fruity smell that lasts a long time, making your hair smell good throughout the day.
I prefer to use it on my damp hair, especially from the mid-length to ends, and gently massage it into the hair as a leave-in cream. It can be used for both wet and damp hair.
I also use this cream when I feel my hair is frizzy and rough. It feels light on the hair. It has a strong but pleasant scent of fruity, which I like. In my opinion, it works as a hair serum.
My hair is very rough and frizzy. This cream helps to keep my hair manageable and detangles my hair. But it lasts only 2 hours after a hair wash. It suits almost all hair types and is a super affordable product too.
It contains alcohol, parabens, and so many chemicals that are not good for our hair. That’s why I didn’t like this product. It cant be a replacement for natural oils. It is good as a leave-in cream only, which gives some instant results and is manageable for our hair.
Kesh King Hair Oil, shampoo, conditioner Review
Pros of Pantene Pro-V Oil Replacement:
- Sturdy, travel-friendly packaging.
- Beautiful pleasant, and long-lasting smell.
- The creamy texture blends and gets absorbed quickly.
- It keeps hair manageable.
- One can use both dry and damp hair.
- Easily available.
- Nonstick formula.
Cons of Pantene Pro-V Oil Replacement:
- Contains alcohol and paraben, so not a perfect replacement for natural oil.
- Can’t fully repair that extremely damaged hair.
- If you have really damaged and rough hair, this product won’t do anything.
This product is not an oil replacement. You should oil your hair at least twice a week. This product does work slightly for dry and straight hair. If you have very dry and rough hair, then it reduces your hair frizzy by 50%, not more than that.