Who does not want smooth, silky, and shiny hair? Many people facing dry, rough, and frizzy hair. Nowadays keratin treatment is very popular and it is the best hair treatment who has dry, rough curly, and frizzy hair. Keratin treatment is very popular and you should take care of some things if you want to try out this treatment.
What is Keratin?
Keratin is a major protein that is naturally present in our hair. It acts as an internal structural protein to protect your hair and keep them healthy. It also helps strengthen the hair to prevent breakage and heat damage.
What is Keratin Treatment?
A Keratin Treatment is a chemical process that smoothes and shines frizzy hair. It is basically rebuilding the hair by putting back the lost protein into your strands. It is a semi-permanent hair straightening treatment.
Types of Keratin Treatment:
There are different types of keratin treatments available according to your hair type and texture. Some containing more formaldehyde than others and some containing less harmful chemicals alternatives. Some keratin treatment makes your hair straight while others only eliminate frizz. Here are some types of keratin treatments.
It is the keratin treatment which is originated in brazil in 2005. That’s called Brazilian blowout.It is expensive but worth the money as it eliminates frizz and smoothens the hair. The treatment lasts up to 3 months.
This is the most natural keratin treatment which is perfect for those with fine hair as it not only eliminates frizz but also nourishes damaged strands.
Process Of Keratin Treatment:
The treatment lasts for approximately 2 to 3 hours.
- Washing your hair thoroughly with shampoo but not using conditioner. Usually, conditioner is not using this because your hair experts want to know your actual hair texture and apply hair cream According to that point.
- Blow-dry your hair and remove all the moisture. It is easy to apply hair cream when all moisture is not available in your hair.
- Then divide into a small section of your hair and applied keratin cream to each of the sections and emulsify it.
- After that keep the cream for 40 minutes and ironing your hair. They always make sure each hair section is ironing thoroughly. After that, your hair looks completely poker-straight.
- After 24 hours again wash the hair and blow-dry and ironing the hair.
Before and After of Keratin Treatment:
You can see below the image before keratin treatment hair looks curly, frizzy and rough. After the keratin treatment hair looks straight, shiny and smooth. This was the image of after immediately keratin treatment. After the first wash, it looks exactly straight but after two to three wash it reduces frizzy but hair does not look pin straight.
How much does Keratin Treatment cost?
The most asked questions wondering about keratin treatment cost. The keratin treatment price varies according to the salon but the treatment was priced at 3 to 4 thousand medium length hair. It depends on your length.
Aftercare of Keratin Treatment:
- You don’t have to wash or tie your hair for 3 days.
- Avoid swimming or sweating and stay out of the rain. Moisture water tends to wash away the layer of protein on your hair.
- Avoid hair gels or hair styling products.
- Avoid chemical shampoo and use SLS-free shampoo.
- Do not wear hairbands for 2 weeks.
- Do not touch your hair too much.
- do not wash your hair frequently.
Is keratin treatment permanent?
Keratin Hair Treatment is not permanent. It is a hair smoothing treatment and it will not straighten your hair permanently. It makes your hair frizz-free, smooth and shiny. It reduces your frizzy ness of your for sometimes means 3 to 4 months according to which type of keratin treatment you are done.
How long does a keratin treatment last?
Usually, keratin treatment lasts for 2 to 3 months. But it depends upon how you maintain your hair means how to take care of your hair after a keratin treatment and your hair type and condition. Make sure you always using sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner after a hair keratin treatment is done and some saloon are provided some best shampoo and conditioner you can go for it but their products very expensive. You do not afford their products you can use any shampoo conditioner but make sure these products are sulfate-free because sulfate is the main ingredient that causes frizzy hair. Your hair gets frizzy and your treatment not long-lasting.
Pros of Keratin Treatment:
- Makes hair soft, lustrous, and smooth.
- Styling time savor less damaging than heat styling every day.
- No frizz even in humid weather.
- Suitable for both males and females.
Cons of Keratin Treatment:
- Usually expensive.
- For sustainable results, the treatment needs to be performed by professionals.
- Not suitable for pregnant women.
- It contains formaldehyde which can be bad for health and cause allergic reactions.
- Takes a couple of days to look natural.
Side effects of Keratin Treatment:
- Keratin treatment contains formaldehyde which is bad for health and it may lead to cancer. To decrease the risk, always go for the treatments formaldehyde alternatives.
- It may damage your hair.
Can Keratin Treatment be done at home?
Yes, so many DIYs are available you can try but don’t expect saloon-like results. If you want to use products that contain keratin and try them out at home is the second option but again i must say don’t expect saloon-like results. Nowadays you have hair creams, masques, shampoo, and spas with keratin as their main component. You can use the full keratin range of products and see the effect.
Some FAQs of Keratin Treatment:
Can Keratin treatment damage your hair?
Yes keratin treatment damage your hair over period of time because these treatment requires high heat to lock your hair.
Why Keratin treatment is bad?
Keratin treatment contains formaldehyde and other chemicals.Formaldehyde is known cancer causing chemical.Tjats the reason it has many side effects and this treatment is bad.
Do I really need to wait 3 days to wash hair after keratin?
Yes, Wait three days after getting your keratin treatment. If you wash your hair before that then you will lose the effect of the treatment.
How often can Keratin treatment be done?
2 times a year.